Call of Board Member Candidates
Posted on December 23, 2016
The NADL, NBC, and Foundation are seeking individuals to fill open seats on the 2018 NADL Board of Directors, 2018 NBC Board of Trustees and 2018 FDLT Board of Trustees.
New board members will be elected, or appointed, in the fall of 2017 and will take office on Jan. 1, 2018.
The boards guide the organization through proven leadership, a shared vision and support for the missions of the association. If you enjoy collaborating with other professionals and have a desire to give back to your profession, we want you!
- Serving as an association leader is both an honor and a reward. It requires a proven commitment to the organization and its missions and goals.
- Participating fully in association activities requires extra time and expense for attending meetings.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to communicate are essential to effective teamwork.
- An effective board member brings their expertise and experience to provide value, but such experience and expertise should not drive the policy-making process.
- Intuitive and interpretive skills enable leaders to understand the people around them, internalize the data they receive, recognize the relationships that exist between systems within their world and integrate all these elements into a coherent whole.
- Focusing on policy-making, not the day-to-day operations of the organization is what makes an effective board.
To view eligibility requirements for board service, please visit the News Page on each organization’s website. Candidates interested in serving will be required to read and sign a board application in order to be considered for board service.
Contact Sarah at email@example.com or by phone at (800) 950-1150 to request a board application. A short candidate biography and digital headshot should be submitted with the completed form. All applications must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm EST on Friday, March 31, 2017. No late submissions will be considered.
Click here to download the application.