CDT Pillar Scholarship
Founded in 2004 by the National Association of Dental Laboratories (NADL), the CDT Pillar Scholarship is designed to allow qualified dental technicians the opportunity to sit for the three examinations that comprise the Certified Dental Technician (CDT) examination process.
The CDT Pillar Scholarship covers the application and testing fees for a candidate to take the written comprehensive examination, the written specialty examination and the hands-on practical examination, one time each. It also awards the candidate a certificate that can be used to purchase study materials through the NADL. The scholarship amount awarded is up to $1,000.00 per recipient. Scholarship recipients must take all three examinations within 12 months after being awarded the scholarship.
Who is Eligible?
- Have a working knowledge of the English language.
- Have graduated high school or have obtained an equivalent.
- Are of satisfactory legal and ethical standing in the dental laboratory and dental community.
Applicants may qualify for the scholarship by meeting any one of the following education and experience requirements:
- Recognized Graduates (RG) of a 2-year ADA accredited dental technology program may apply for the CDT examinations upon graduation and successful completion of the RG exam.
- Recognized Graduates (RG) of non-ADA accredited dental technology programs may apply for the CDT examinations addition to, and not concurrent with, their two years of formal education.
- Graduates of ADA-accredited dental technology education programs (non-RGs) may apply for the NBC’s CDT examinations after completion of two years of practical experience in addition to their education.
- Technicians trained and educated in other settings may apply for the CDT examinations upon completion of at least five years of practical experience in dental technology (at least 35 hours per week).
- Technicians who are able to provide sufficient documentation of continuing education (CE) and experience in accordance with NBC policy may apply for the CDT examinations.
- Any technician who is currently a Certified Dental Technician may apply for the scholarship in order to achieve an additional certification.
The CDT Pillar Scholarship is comprised solely of funds that have been donated by individuals and businesses in the dental laboratory technology profession who wish to contribute to the betterment of upcoming CDTs, who represent the future of their profession.
Get involved! Become an individual or organizational supporter of the program by making a donation to the CDT Pillar Scholarship fund today. The number of scholarships awarded each year is dependent upon the funds that are contributed annually. For every $1,000.00 contributed, a scholarship will be awarded. All donors will be acknowledged as the scholarship supporter.Applications are due each year on March 15 for the spring award date, and September 15 for the fall award date.
Apply Online Here
Download Application Here
Fall 2017 Awardees
- Anyanwu Nnamdi Okechukwu - Birnin Kebbi, Nigeria
- Bridget Boudreau – Collinsville, IL
- Chia-Chen Tsai, CDT – Metairie, LA
- David Albery – Cedar Rapids, IA
- Erin Busch, RG – Buffalo, NY
- Erin Grant, RG – Portland, OR
- Hannah Kokovich – Columbus, OH
- Jennifer Ludwig – Beaver Dam, WI
- Kelly Abel – St. Cloud, MN
- Marwin Kevin Garcia – Rosemount, MN
- Matthew Alvarado – Converse, TX
- Megan Crouch, RG – Muncie, IN
- Raymond Cruz – Allen, TX
- Sadiq Martins Lander – Gombe, Nigeria
- Sara Alden – Foley, MN
- Tabitha Wiseman, CDT – Universal City, TX
- Tiffany Phillips – Painesville, OH
Spring 2017 Awardees
- Austin Emerick – Cincinnati, OH
- Cinthia Coronado Chaires – Goshen, IN
- Gail Vanderwall – Metairie, LA
- Gwangwon (Andrew) Yun – Anaheim, CA
- Jack Garcia, CDT – Apopka, IL
- Jacob Werner, CDT, TE – Clemmons, NC
- Kimberly Kreischer, RG – Columbia City, IN
- Lawrence Frye – River Ridge, LA
- Matthew Garcia, CDT – New Braunfels, TX
- Miguel Almeida – Miami, FL
- Odena Chinchilla Serrano, CDT – San Gabriel, CA
- Shanon Torstenbo, RG – Concord, NH
- Tod Johnston – San Diego, CA
- Tomas Mikonis, CDT – York, PA
- Tyler Jones, RG – Winstom Salem, NC
The Pillar Scholarship has been awarded to nearly 115 dental technicians throughout the United States since the program’s inception. Click here to see the historical list of dental laboratory technology professionals who have been awarded this scholarship.
Grant Application Deadline
Applications are due each year on March 15 for the spring award date, and September 15 for the fall award date.
Application CriteriaCompleted application must include:
- Completed Pillar Scholarship application form
- Completed and attached Letter of Interest
- Signed Application Affidavit
- Submitted before deadline of March 15th for spring award date or September 15th for fall award date
The Foundation for Dental Laboratory Technology
Attn: Lindsey Rowan
325 John Knox Rd #L103
Tallahassee, FL 32303
Fax: (850) 222-0053