Spear Education Grant
Grant OverviewRecognizing the need for increased accessibility to higher education in dental laboratory technology, Spear and the Foundation for Dental Laboratory Technology have partnered to bring you the Spear Education Grant in 2017.
The 2017 Spear Education Grant will award five (5) Spear Seminar seats at no charge. The cost for such a course would typically be $1,695 per seat; however, due to Spear’s generosity, the grant recipients will have their tuition fee waved.
Spear two-day seminars provide solid, fundamental concepts, systematic treatment planning and proven steps for achieving predictable clinical results. There are seven (7) different seminars to choose from, including Interdisciplinary Management of Esthetic Dilemmas, Demystifying Occlusion, Treating the Worn Dentition, and more. For a full listing and detailed information on the available seminars, please click here.
- In order to be eligible for this grant an applicant must be actively working in the dental laboratory technology profession.
- Sitting members of the NADL Board, NBC Trust, or FDLT Trust are not eligible as individuals to apply for or win grants/scholarships offered through the Foundation.
- The 2017 Spear Education Grant winner(s) must attend the seminar within one year of being awarded the grant. No extensions will be given.
- The 2017 Spear Education Grant winner(s) will be responsible for their own travel and accommodations.
- The 2017 Spear Education Grant winner(s) will be required to provide the Foundation with a headshot and testimonial (web video submission or typed submission on letterhead paper) about receiving the grant, attending the course, and how this experience will positively impact his/her DLT career, prior to funds being released.
- No cash will be provided to the grant recipient. If the recipient fails to use the grant or cannot make their scheduled course date, they will forfeit their grant.
- The 2017 Spear Education Grant winner(s) will not be eligible to receive this grant two years in a row.
Download Application Here
- Iwona Alicja Villa, CDT – Westminster, CA
- Jennifer Krueger, CDT – Hastings, MN
- Lisa Bornsheuer, Master CDT – Tyler, TX
- Mindy Ledwell-Maier – Thomasville, NC
- Anyanwu Nnamdi – Birnin Kebbi, Nigeria
- Anthony Calonico, CDT, TE – Bolingbrook, IL
- Daniel Ulaszek, CDT – Bolingbrook, IL
- Naoki Aiba, CDT – Monterey, CA
- Paul McGrath, CDT – Bolingbrook, IL
- Remington Redell, CDT – Aurora, CO
- A completed Spear Education Grant application form
- A completed typed Letter of Interest that fully answers each of the 3 questions asked in the application
- A signed Application Affidavit
- All of the above must be submitted to the Foundation office by July 15, 2017
Click here to download the full press release.
Grant Application Deadline
July 15, 2017
Application CriteriaCompleted application must include:
The Foundation for Dental Laboratory Technology
Attn: Lindsey Rowan
325 John Knox Rd #L103
Tallahassee, FL 32303
Fax: (850) 222-0053