Call for 2025 Foundation Board of Trustees CandidatesThe Foundation for Dental Laboratory Technology (Foundation) is seeking individuals to fill open seats on the 2025 Foundation Board of Trustees.
New trustees will be elected, or appointed, in the fall of 2024 and will take office on January 1, 2025.
The boards guide the organization through proven leadership, a shared vision and support for the missions of the association. If you enjoy collaborating with other professionals and have a desire to give back to your profession, we want you!
Qualities of an Effective Board of Trustees Member:
- Serving as an association leader is both an honor and a reward. It requires a proven commitment to the organization and its missions and goals.
- Participating fully in association activities requires extra time and expense for attending meetings.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to communicate are essential to effective teamwork.
- An effective board member brings their expertise and experience to provide value, but such experience and expertise should not drive the policy-making process.
- Intuitive and interpretive skills enable leaders to understand the people around them, internalize the data they receive, recognize the relationships that exist between systems within their world and integrate all these elements into a coherent whole.
- Focusing on policy-making, not the day-to-day operations of the organization is what makes an effective board.
To view eligibility requirements for board service, or to complete an application please click here. Candidates interested in serving will be required to read and sign a board application in order to be considered for board service.
CLICK HERE for the 2025 Foundation Board of Trustees Information and Application - Printable Application
All applications must be submitted along with a short candidate biography and digital headshot. Please return the completed application, signed and initialed, to the Foundation office at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm EST on Friday, March 29, 2024.