SCDL Component Business Education Grant
The Foundation for Dental Laboratory Technology (Foundation) is a non-profit 501c (3) organization. The purpose of the Foundation is to advance the profession of dental laboratory technology by addressing industry driven needs and providing solutions that are relevant and accessible to dental technicians and other members of the dental team. Each year the Foundation provides financial support, in the form of grants, to various qualifying organizations.
Upon the dissolution of the Southeastern Conference of Dental Laboratories (SCDL), the SCDL Board of Directors voted to contribute all remaining organizational assets to the Foundation. With this generous donation, the Foundation launched the SCDL Component Business Education Grant.
The SCDL Component Business Education Grant will award one recipient $2,000 for state and regional dental laboratory associations to help fund business management continuing education offerings (i.e. speaker honorarium for annual meeting, speaker travel, course materials, A/V, etc.).
Guidelines/RequirementsIn considering contributions, the Foundation evaluates each application on its own merits. It considers the programs in which the organization is engaged, the constituencies it serves, the services it offers, its accountability and its fundraising practices, and the level of local community support it attracts.
- The SCDL Component Business Education Grant recipient will be awarded $2,000 to help fund business management continuing education offerings.
- In order to be eligible for this grant, applicants must be a state or regional dental laboratory association with an active Component membership in NADL.
- Organizations will not be eligible to receive this grant two years in a row.
- The SCDL Component Business Education Grant recipient will be required to provide the Foundation with testimonial (web video submission or typed submission on letterhead paper) about how receiving this grant will positively impact the organization and dental laboratory profession as a whole.
- If awarded this grant, please note that it will take the Foundation approximately 30-45 days to process the funding request.
- Grant applications must be received by April 1st. No extensions will be given.
Download Application Here
Application CriteriaCompleted application must include:
- A completed SCDL Component Business Education Grant application form
- A typed letter of interest that fully answers each of the 3 questions asked in the application
- Signed Application Affidavit
- All of the above must be submitted to the Foundation office by April 1st
Scholarship Application Deadline
Applications are due on April 1st.
The Foundation for Dental Laboratory Technology
Attn: Lindsey Rowan
325 John Knox Rd #L103
Tallahassee, FL 32303
Fax: (850) 222-0053