Mark Jackson Memorial Education Grant
The Mark Jackson Memorial Education Grant was created to support the Foundation’s purpose by making higher-level education more accessible to dental laboratory technicians.Mark Jackson, RDT, former co-owner of Precision Ceramics in Montclair, CA, was a friend and mentor to many. He was a champion on helping many in the profession run dental laboratories as a business. The Foundation is proud to recognize Mark in this manner to carry on his legacy.
- In order for a program to be considered eligible for Mark Jackson Memorial Education Grant funds, it must be approved by NBC, ADA CERP or AGD. Examples of programs include but are not limited to: Pankey, Dawson, LVI, KOIS, Spear, MDT, MDC, etc.
- Mark Jackson Memorial Education Grants will be awarded in the amount of $2,500 to supplement expenses related to an approved continuing education program a winner wishes to attend.
- Sitting members of the NADL Board, NBC Trust, or FDLT Trust are not eligible as individuals to apply for or win grants/scholarships offered through the Foundation.
- Mark Jackson Memorial Education Grant winner(s) will be required to provide the Foundation with testimonial (web video submission or typed submission on letterhead paper) about receiving the grant, attending the course and how this experience will positively impact his/her DLT career, prior to funds being released.
- Mark Jackson Memorial Education Grant will be paid directly to the course provider, not to the individual awarded the grant.
- New! Mark Jackson Memorial Education Grant recipients can also use the funds to cover travel expenses related to the program, including lodging, coach airfare, and transportation expenses upon proof of receipt.
- Once the Mark Jackson Memorial Education Grant is awarded, it is only valid for a period of one year from the date of award, or until December of the following year. After that time, the ability to use the funds will expire.
- Mark Jackson Memorial Education Grant winner(s) will not be eligible to receive this grant two years in a row.
Download Application Here
- Josef Kolbeck, CDT – Sarasota, FL
- Laura Andreescu, CDT – Brooklyn, NY/li>
- Shanon Torstenbo, CDT – Concord, NH/li>
- Eric Wade, CDT – Clearwater, FL
- Sandra Kotowske, CDT, TE – Cedar Rapids, IA/li>
- Kent Kohli, CDT – Lindon, UT
- Nicholas Manos, CDT, TE – Douglaston, NY
- Colleen Painter, CDT – Fort Wayne, IN
- Sifaow Amrow, CDT – Denver, CO
- Sooji Lee, CDT – Waco, TX
- Changhoon Lee, CDT – Woodway, TX
- Louis Barros, CDT – Tampa, FL
- Michael Blanton, CDT – Hewitt, TX
- Stephenie Dwyer, CDT – Laotto, IN
- Anyanwu Nnamdi Okechukwu – Birnin Kebbi, Nigeria
- Brent Moreland, CDT – Stafford, TX
- Charles McClemens, CDT, TE – Eau Claire, WI
- LeaClaudine Tol, CDT – Manvel, TX
Grant Application Deadline
Applications are due each year by November 15th.
Application CriteriaCompleted application must include:
- Completed Mark Jackson Memorial Education Grant application form
- Completed and attached Letter of Interest
- Signed Application Affidavit
- Submitted before deadline of November 15th
The Foundation for Dental Laboratory Technology
Attn: Lindsey Rowan
325 John Knox Rd #L103
Tallahassee, FL 32303
Fax: (850) 222-0053